Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jimmy Kimmel Tweets Tsunami Updates from South Pacific

Jimmy Kimmel Tweets Tsunami Updates from South Pacific

Jimmy Kimmel’s trip to the South Pacific turned out to be more of a nightmare than a dream vacation. The late night host has been twittering up a storm about his unfortunately timed getaway to French Polynesia.

Kimmel was taking some time off in the area when a devastating 8.9 magnitude earthquake rocked Japan on Friday, causing immeasurable damage and continuing to send ripples throughout the Pacific. The region is still under tsunami warning.

"Suddenly, relaxing on an island in the South Pacific isn’t so relaxing anymore," Kimmel twittered around 2 a.m. EST. "Good thing I brought my aqua stilts."

When some of the funnyman’s followers thought he was inappropriately making light of a dire situation, Kimmel reassured them he wasn’t kidding around. "I wish I was joking," he said. "And I’ll accept the apologies from everyone who called me an a**hole and said 'f**k you' in advance."

He then thanked all "who sent good wishes" and said he was "glued to CNN." One concerned follower asked him, "How scared are you (on a scale of 1-10)?" Kimmel answered, "A good solid 7. On a small island, with no high ground."

Later Friday morning, six hours after his initial earthquake tweets, Kimmel gave an update to his fans: "We are evacuating the island. Dogspeed."

Other celebrities have also twittered their prayers and well wishes for the crisis overseas. Read a sampling of their supportive tweets below:

"My prayers go out to anyone that is being effected by the disaster in Japan... #prayforjapan," --  Katy Perry

"Just heard about the huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan. My prayers are with everyone in Japan!" -- Kim Kardashian

"Glued to TV watching this unreal earthquake footage out of Japan. Sending prayers to everyone affected. Unbelievable." -- Ryan Seacrest

"I don't care what you believe in, send prayers to all those in harm's way in Japan. I know I am." -- Glee star Darren Criss

"The images on the news are breaking my heart. I am so worried for everyone in Japan. My thoughts are with you Japan. God bless you all." -- Paris Hilton

 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/jimmy-kimmel-tweets-tsunami-updates-south-pacific/1-a-331441

China Chow Chloë Sevigny Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment