Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'The Bachelor' Brad Womack Explains Why He Almost Didn't Kiss Emily

'The Bachelor' Brad Womack Explains Why He Almost Didn't Kiss Emily

On Monday night’s episode of The Bachelor, Brad Womack almost got cold feet again. After spending a day with Emily and her daughter Ricki, 6, in their hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina, Brad felt "awkward" kissing the blonde beauty goodnight while her daughter slept upstairs.

But in his blog for People, the Bachelor explains why he was nervous about going in for a smooch. "It's no secret that I'm brand new to a lot of this. I've never dated a woman with a daughter before so I don't know proper etiquette in that situation," he writes. "All I know is this, I wanted to kiss Emily every second I was around her, but my very first concern was showing her daughter respect, as well as Emily."

During the episode, Brad was fearful of little Ricki coming down and seeing him and her mother mid-kiss. Emily was quick to remind him that if things worked out between the two of them, her daughter would be upstairs every night, so he needed to get past feeling uneasy about intimacy under the same roof as her (which he eventually did).

"I realize it makes me look like a weird and awkward guy around Emily, but that's anything but the case," he continues. "Again, my first concern was her daughter."

Emily's former fiancé and Ricki's father is Ricky Hendrick, a NASCAR driver who was killed in a plane crash in 2004. Emily has already had a huge personal tragedy in her life, so we just hope Brad doesn't break her heart again. We're still not sold on whether we believe his second stint on the reality show is a real attempt to find love.

Do you think Brad was being overly cautious about kissing Emily? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/bachelor-brad-womack-explains-why-he-almost-didnt-kiss-emily/1-a-325334

Denise Richards Desiree Dymond Diane Kruger

No comments:

Post a Comment